All of us were created differently... not equal, when it comes to what is good for our own body. What I eat for breakfast is possibly not the same thing you should eat for breakfast.
I tell all my clients that exercise has countless benefits, but your diet (food) will create a true change in the way you look, and possibly feel.
Bottom line, be good to your body. It is the only one you have. Eat clean, eat balanced, exercise regularly and get SLEEP (I can't stress that enough)!
Here is a sample of my daily meals. This day I ate vegetarian:
- Breakfast: Lemon water, Gluten free muesli with almond milk and cinnamon, and coffee with a small amount of creamer
- Lunch: Sauteed red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, green onions and egg whites
- Dinner: Roasted broccoli, beets, okinawa sweet potatoes and figs with tofu sauteed with balsamic vinegar
- Dessert: Frozen berries (or fruit of choice) topped with honey and cinnamon
Here are my snacks of the day:
- LaraBar right after my hour long CrossFit workout (I recommend a post workout snack if you had a HARD workout for 1+hours. Otherwise, have a light snack like an apple or banana to hold you over til lunch).
- Kind Oats & Honey Clusters (1/2cup) about an hour after my lunch because I like sweet stuff :)
- Fresh pineapple! Because we live in Hawaii! I snacked on this throughout the afternoon.
- Sun Cups... Move over Reese's Cups (these are nut and gluten free and come in an array of flavors). I had a frozen one with my frozen berries for dessert. Happiness is chocolate. And wine. But I took a night off from wine. Maybe another night.
AND I always try to have a lot of water throughout the day. Squeeze some lemon into it or add fruit for a change.
LAVA YOUR LIFE!