Being a Fit Mom... Or Just a Fit Person
I've been thinking about it a lot lately and am understanding more and more that as moms we need to alter our lifestyle if we want to keep the pounds off while feeding our growing families.
1. Self-control is SO important. Challenge yourself to not pick at the snacks you give your kids. Make your own snack and eat it. Think about what you're eating as you are eating it. Don't just eat to eat.
2. As our kids grow, we don't hold them/carry them around as much. Time to add push ups, tricep dips, etc into our DAILY routine - not just weekly routine.
3. As our kids grow, they eat more and more REAL food. When my kids were small, they didn't eat REAL food - they ate baby food and snacks that didn't interest me. So I didn't have that REAL snack food sitting around the house. So I never randomly ate goldfish, granola bars, cranberries, nuts etc throughout the day. (See #1.)
4. I like chocolate. After I eat lunch/dinner, I like to have something sweet and decadent. However, I usually tell myself not to eat it... instead I'll have a banana or yogurt or pear or apple... After all that I'm still not satisfied and have taken in more calories than if I'd just had the chocolate. Bottom line: EAT THE CHOCOLATE.
5. Always find time to exercise. Even if you do lunges, plank, inchworm, burpees, etc in your yard/living room with your kids for 5 minutes. It's better than nothing and makes a difference.